For patients and employers who want to pay directly for their orthopedic care.
You can better plan your healthcare expenses if you know what you’re going to pay before you have your appointment. Carolina Regional Orthopedics now offers transparent pricing to help you have control over your medical expenses.
With our self-pay pricing packages, you pay upfront with no hidden costs. Pricing packages of services are specially designed for anyone who bears the out-of-pocket expense for our services, such as
- • Patients without insurance
- • Patients who have insurance but are out-of-network
- • Patients with high deductibles
- • Members of medical sharing ministries.
- • Employers who are self-insured.
Please note that the pricing of these bundled options are non-negotiable and cannot be submitted to insurance for reimbursement.
Select a marketplace
DO NOT CHANGE OR DELETE
This prevents the first FAQ from rendering in an open state via display: none in Custom CSS
Which plans are considered In-Network?
Carolina Regional Orthopedics is generally considered an in-network provider for the following insurance plans:
- Absolute Total Care HMO* plans to include Dual ATC* and Medicare Advantage
- Absolute Total Care SC Ambetter plans
- BlueCross BlueShield of SC: all plans to include BlueChoice and BlueChoice Medicaid*
- BCBS plans of other states if participant has out-of-area benefits
- BCBS Federal
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- SC Medicaid*
- Traditional Medicare Part B
- Prisma Health Midlands Network
- Select Health: First Choice product (not Medicare or Dual plans)*
- United Healthcare: all plans
* Plans with asterisk are closed to new patients.
This list is intended to offer general guidance about our network participation. Our network participation is subject to change at any time without timely update to this page.
When should I confirm plan coverage?
Always confirm our practice’s network status with your specific plan prior to your appointment. All providers in our practice may not be contracted with all plans. We welcome patients with out-of-network insurance or no insurance as well.
Can I get an itemized billing statement?
If a bundled package was purchased, we cannot itemize. By definition, a bundle is a set of services offered for one all-inclusive price. We can provide an invoice that lists the services included in the bundled rate.
Why do I have to pay ahead of time?
We require payment in advance because the care we offer is expensive to provide. Our physicians use expensive equipment and supplies to diagnose and treat patients. Our surgery center must purchase expensive implants for most surgeries before the surgery is performed. We incur those expenses before you receive the care, so it’s important for us to recover that cost.
We offer Care Credit to patients who need assistance with the pre-payment requirement. We can offer a pre-payment plan allowing you to pre-pay installments toward a surgery date in the future.